Installment Agreements with the IRS

IRS Installment Agreements

If you cannot pay the tax debt you owe right away, the IRS will consider accepting monthly payments in the form of an Installment Agreement to pay the tax debt off over several years.

Before a taxpayer applies for an Installment Agreement, the taxpayer must file all required tax returns. Generally, if a taxpayer is dealing with Automated Collections, he will need to submit a Form 433-F and Form 9465. However, for tax debts of less than $50,000, the IRS will require less financial information if the Agreement proposes to pay the tax due in full within the next 6 years, or before the tax debt expires, whichever is sooner.

☎ Schedule a Call with Attorney Groth